Summer is just around the corner with only 12 weeks to go! It is important to slowly increase intensity in your training sessions and avoid going too hard too quick. Now that spring is here, we have a few tips to help you:
Benefits of stretching –
Stretching is incredibly important for our bodies to actively recover from each session. If our muscles are sore and tired, we have less blood flow to areas that need it the most, making it harder to move again. Stretching ideas consist of foam rolling, ballistic stretching and warming up the muscles you wish to train by using a lighter weight or body weight. Stretching can:
- Increase your flexibility and range of motion – being able to squat that little bit deeper
- Increases blood flow to your muscles
- Enhance performance – increase coordination and balance to help keep your body stabilised and less prone to injuries
Outside exercise ideas –
Now with this beautiful sunny weather, why not get your bodies moving outside and enjoy with the family? Not all exercise regimes need to be done with equipment and high intensity, or strength work. Here are some ideas to enjoy the weather and take some time to enjoy nature:
- Knapsack stairs
- Regatta centre – walk/run/bike ride
- Most importantly, take in the sunshine!
How our sports injury and screening can benefit you this spring:
While we turn our intensity up for spring to get us ready for the summer season, here is how our screening can benefit YOU:
- The musculoskeletal injury screening is a service that we provide to help identify your injury prone areas or areas that limit your athletic performance
- Individual assessments that we perform can provide you with a detailed report of the findings we have discovered.
But that’s not all! After the screening, our Physiotherapists will provide you with your own detailed rehabilitation program to target those areas of improvement identified during your screening.
Our physiotherapists work with each client individually to reach their own potential to get them fighting fit and back to their usual regime faster. We are fully equipped with years of experience in our different Physios in our team, with differing qualifications and knowledge to get you back faster.